Sunday, July 12, 2015

4th of July wreath!

I have been really wanting to play around with some wreaths. My first wreath was a balloon happy birthday themed one a post to come on that later. This is my second one and I'm pretty proud of it :)
I saw a few online and knew that I wanted something that resembled the american flag but also something a little different. Once I saw the chevron ribbon in Michaels I knew that was it! I purchased all my supplies from Michaels; one straw wreath, one roll of blue ribbon, 3 rolls of red and white chevron ribbon, a package of white flowers, some little star decoration and a letter A. It only cost me $15! I love Michaels and there coupons :)

I left the wreath wrapped in the plastic and then started wrapping the ribbon all the way around it to cover the front and back of it. I hot glued each end of the ribbon. One roll of the blue ribbon was the perfect amount to give it the flag feel. I also hot glued the flowers on. I picked these because they resembled stars but you could also use felt stars or buttons. The final finishing touches were the little star decorations and monogram letter. I will be using this wreath for years to come. Perfect addition to our door!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment