Saturday, June 20, 2015

Lego Man marshmallow pops (part of Lego Birthday)

This year we ran through a lot of ideas of what to do for Lucas' birthday party. My first thought was to just do it at the bouncy place then I wouldn't have to clean up before or after the party or worry too much about decorations and food. But I love planning these parties so that part is fun for me. Then we played with the idea of renting a bounce house to put in the yard but then Lucas said Mommy why don't we just have a lego party at the house. Great idea kiddo! Instantly all the ideas I had seen on pinterest before started running through my head lol I am going to do separate posts for each project since some are very in depth :)

The first project I started was the lego man marshmallow pops. This called for lollipop sticks, large and small marshmallows and yellow candy melts :)
Before dipping them in chocolate I cut the little marshmallows in half dipped the bottom of them in the chocolate and stuck it to the top of the big marshmallow. I let that dry so it would slip and slide around and then proceeded with dipping the whole thing
 Here's a little video showing how I was dipping the marshmallows in the melted chocolate.


 And I used a strainer to stick them in while drying
Drew on them with edible pen then wrapped them up and we were all set. I set a portion out for guests but also placed one in each goody bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment