Thursday, December 31, 2015

My Goals for 2016

I decided I wanted to set some goals for the new year. I'm not usually one for the new year new me, but this year has been a year of major growth for me and I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for us! So first a reflection of 2015. This year has tested me in every sense yet here I am on the last day of the year feeling better,stronger and happier than ever. In February we decided to take a job opportunity my husband got for Florida. The boys and I are still in Maryland and hoping to get to Florida in the next couple months. I have had my moments where it got to be tiring not having him here but at the same time I proved to myself I can do this. I feel it's made me a better Mom and made me more aware of taking the time to spend with the boys together and individually. It's also helped me grow as an individual. I have always been SO worried about what everyone else thinks of me, my marriage, my family etc this past year I have learned that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks it only matters what I think. I can't control others feelings. I have to stop worrying about everyone elses needs and happiness and focus on my own. I'm sure others don't take my feelings and happiness into account when making decisions so why should I? Even though Zack has been 1000 miles away most of the year I feel we have all grown as a family, as parents and as husband and wife. I am a firm believer everything happens for a reason. There have been many who haven't agreed with our decision for him to move before we all do but I knew we were doing what is best for our family and it proves true even months later.


So here are my 3 goals for 2016:

Myself: Focus on my own happiness; take time for me and do what makes me happy without worrying what anyone else thinks.

Motherhood: Take time to unplug and spend time with the boys. Take them on individual dates once a month.

Marriage: Make date nights/ alone time a priority. I have realized I am way more relaxed and fun when it's just me and the hubby and it's so important to still have that side of us.

I would love to hear your goals for 2016!




No comments:

Post a Comment