Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Classroom

So let's start getting to the crafty stuff. I love crafts, anything you can be creative with (photography, scrapbooking, parties, baking you name it) Prior to being a dental receptionist I was a preschool teacher for a local learning center for 4 years. I loved it, I love the kids and the people and all the fun you get to have. Why did I leave you ask? Didn't pay well, lots of work outside of work and it became to big of a corporation for me. Oh and they changed their minds all the time. For example always changing the guidelines of your classroom. This was when I re did my room to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Being a total Disney fanatic I had so much fun.

Ok lets get the part you came for :) I only have 2 pictures of the room unfortunately.
So one of our requirements was to have some kind of kindness tree. We used Chip and Dale's tree for this! We made the tree out of no fade brown butcher paper. We used no fade green butcher paper for the grass and then laminated that and the acorns at our local staples. We then could use the acorns to write what kind things the children had done. For example Janey held the door open for Jack. 


This masterpiece ;) was the circle time board (The Clubhouse). We used all no fade butcher paper for this as well. The main part of the head was the size of a hula hoop. We used Mickey's shoe as our daily schedule, the slide to display our numbers and you can't see it but on the wall to the left is the big Mickey glove balloon. We used that for our "Handy Helpers".
I found the alphabet heads at an awesome website www.teacherspayteachers.com the best part about them is they are free! Just download and print :) My other favorite part about them was all the letters were Mickey heads except for vowels they were Minnie. Here is a direct link to those but I suggest checking out the whole website they have multiple other Disney/Mickey things as well. So we cut them out, laminated them and put them up. I am trying to get more pic of the room and if I do I will post some other things as well. 
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments: